Rhinoplasty, also known as nose surgery or a nose job, is a procedure used to improve the appearance and/or functionality of the nose. Our skilled surgeons have years of experience performing rhinoplasty for New York City patients.
Thousands of people seek cosmetic consultation to refine and enhance the proportions of their noses every year. Some of these people just want their noses to look perfect with other facial features, whereas for others, a birth defect or an injury may have distorted the shape of the nose, and/or caused breathing difficulties.
Since the nose is a major feature of your face, the perfect shape, and size make all the difference in your overall appearance. When planning a nose job, your plastic surgeon will consider your facial features, the structure of your nose, and the desired result.
The nose is composed of bone, cartilage, and skin. This surgical procedure can alter these tissues to enhance your nose profile and make your nose appear in perfect proportion with your other facial features.
Rhinoplasty: What You Need to Know
Rhinoplasty surgery involves altering the shape, size, and proportions of your nose about other facial features for cosmetic or medical reasons, sometimes both. The surgery may be carried out to correct breathing difficulties or nasal deformities that have come about as a birth defect or due to injury.
Click here to View Before & After Photos
Preparing for the Surgery
To prepare you for the surgical procedure in New York City, your surgeon may recommend you to:
- Stop taking certain medications at least two weeks before surgery until complete recovery, especially medications that contain ibuprofen or aspirin, as these may increase bleeding. Once you’re scheduled for the surgery, only take medications that are prescribed by your doctor.
- Quit smoking at least four weeks before surgery until you’re healed completely, as smoking impedes the process of healing and increases the odds of potential infections
- Have someone drive you home afterward, as it would not be safe for you to drive yourself
- Have someone at home to care for you for at least one week as you recover from surgery
I am super impressed and happy
“I chose Dr. Ari Hoscander as my surgeon for a rhinoplasty. I found his work to be natural and simply beautiful. I had a great experience with him as well as his staff, I found everyone to be respectful and attentive. Lastly, I am super impressed and happy with my rhinoplasty results. Dr. Ari Hoscander pays attention to every little detail. He applied my inspo pics to my nose but in such a natural way that you would think I was born with it, and that was my ultimate goal! Trust the healing process and you will not be disappointed. Thank you again to you and your team!”
Read More Testimonials
How Rhinoplasty Is Performed
Nose reshaping surgery is usually carried out as an outpatient procedure, which means you’ll have to stay overnight in the hospital after the surgery. The surgical procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia so patients can feel comfortable during the surgery.
During the surgery, incisions will be made. Closed rhinoplasty involves incisions made inside the nostrils. During open rhinoplasty, incisions may be made across the tip of the nose. The right incision method for you will be discussed during the consultation.
Even a very small correction can make a huge difference in overall facial appearance. Most patients report little or no pain after surgery, and any discomfort that may be experienced after surgery can be handled with pain medication.
Resuming Normal Activities after a Nose Job
After a nose job, Dr. Hoschander may ask you to wear a splint to provide support to your nose. The healing process may last for up to three to four months depending upon your case. The final shape of your nose will become apparent once it has healed completely.
You may resume normal activities within two to four weeks of the procedure. Dr. Hoschander will be able to provide more information regarding the length of the recovery period and how to care for your nose after surgery.
While the cost of functional rhinoplasty may be covered by a patient’s health insurance provider, the price of cosmetic rhinoplasty is not typically covered. The exact techniques utilized, the overall time required to perform the procedure, and many other factors determine the cost of cosmetic rhinoplasty.
Finding the best rhinoplasty surgeon for you means arranging a consultation to discuss the procedure. If you’re considering getting a nose job, you will need to set up an appointment with plastic surgeon Dr. Hoschander in New York City and discuss the details of your case. Being completely open during a consultation session is the only way to make sure you get the best results from the surgery.
Your plastic surgeon may:
- Evaluate your special case and determine the best course of action to improve your nasal contours
- Recommend changes in the nose profile that would enhance your appearance, if you’re getting a nose job for cosmetic reasons
- Evaluate your overall health to make sure you’re medically fit for the surgery
- Take your medical history to understand your motivation for the surgery and to determine the goals you’d like to achieve
- Go over rhinoplasty before and after photos with you
- Examine you physically. The nose may be analyzed and assessed carefully from the inside and the outside, as this may play a critical role in determining the impact of nose surgery on your breathing and overall facial appearance.
- Speak to you about what you should expect from the surgery. Most people shy away from discussing their appearance. However, it is important that you openly discuss your case with your doctor and talk about your goals for the surgery.
To arrange a consultation regarding rhinoplasty in New York City with Dr. Hoschander, contact our office today.
Related Blog Posts
What are the Various Problems That Can be Addressed with Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty happens to be one of the most versatile cosmetic surgeries, as doctors can use it to correct a wide variety of nasal problems. Also known… Read More
Rhinoplasty New York City
Rhinoplasty (also called a Nose Surgery) is a procedure that is performed improve the appearance of the nose. The nose is the central feature of… Read More