If you have sagging breasts that you feel self-conscious about, the Breast Lift procedure may be right for you. The Breast Lift procedure is designed to lift sagging… Read More
Clinically called mastopexy, breast lift surgery is a cosmetic surgery procedure that has been designed to correct droopiness of breasts and make them look perkier and well-toned. Also called mastopexy surgery, a breast lift in New York City involves repositioning and often resizing the areolae to recreate a more youthful look.
Breast sagging is a common result of nursing, motherhood, and aging. Distention of the ducts lining the breasts with milk during pregnancy causes two issues: stretching of the breast skin and breakage of the internal fibrous bands supporting the breasts. Aging and dramatic weight loss can also cause droopiness of the breasts.
Thousands of women seek cosmetic consultation each year to improve the contours of their breasts and are quite satisfied with their natural-looking results.
You may consider a breast lift if:
- You’re not content with the way your breasts look
- You have sagging breasts
- Your surgeon thinks the surgery will help you improve the appearance of droopy breasts
Mastopexy/Breast Lift Surgery – What You Need to Know
Mastopexy is an effective option for many women in different age groups. Most often, the desire for surgery comes after multiple pregnancies or major weight loss. Other reasons include age-related sagging of the breasts and asymmetry of breasts.
You may be an ideal candidate for breast lift surgery if:
- You’re physically and mentally healthy and emotionally stable
- You are a non-smoker
- You’re unhappy with the sagging of your breasts
- Your nipples fall below the crease of the breast when unsupported
- The skin around your breasts is stretched
- Your areolae are enlarged
- Your breasts are asymmetrical
Click here to View Before & After Photos
A Little about the Surgical Procedure
This procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. There are variations in the surgery depending upon the incision patterns and techniques used by your plastic surgeon.
Depending upon your unique case, your surgeon may choose to perform one of the following techniques:
- Lollipop Lift – In this technique, an incision, referred to as a keyhole incision, is made around the areola. The incision extends vertically downwards along the crease of the breast like a keyhole. The procedure is designed for women with a moderate degree of droopiness.
- Anchor Incision – In this technique, an incision is made around the areola. This incision first extends vertically downwards to the crease of the breast and then horizontally along the crease of the breast like an anchor (as the name implies). The technique is designed for women with a severe degree of breast droopiness.
- Donut Lift – The technique uses a periareolar incision made around the areola like a donut. It is designed for women with a mild or moderate degree of breast droopiness.
- Crescent Lift – The technique makes use of a crescent incision around the upper border of the areola. A piece of skin is removed (crescent shape) and the surrounding skin is sutured to the areola. The technique is designed for women with minor breast sagging.
Your surgeon may lift the underlying breast tissue and reshape it to enhance the appearance and contours of the breasts. The areolae and nipples may be repositioned, and excess skin may be removed to give you a fuller look.
Combining a Breast Lift and Implants
When a person is looking to lift their sagging breasts while increasing their size, they can benefit from a combination procedure called augmentation mastopexy, or a breast augmentation with lift.
Combining a breast lift and augmentation also results in only a single recovery period. While some people choose a breast lift without implants to specifically resolve sagging, others find the breast lift with implants to be their ideal option.
Preparing for the Surgery
When scheduling you for surgery, your surgeon may ask you to:
- Quit smoking from at least four weeks before surgery until two weeks after surgery, as smoking impedes the process of healing
- Arrange for transportation, since after the surgery, you will not be able to drive home yourself
- Bring comfortable clothing with you on the day of surgery
Additionally, your surgeon may want to know about:
- Any energy supplements, multivitamins, or prescription drugs you’ve been taking
- Any medical treatments you’ve received recently
- Medical conditions, allergies, and treatments you’ve had
I loved everything about my experience. The offices are stunning. There was no wait. The whole team is very sweet and accommodating. And the service I had done is still healing but, I’m already beginning to see results that I’m extremely happy with. I highly recommend it. – Anonymous
Resuming Normal Activities
The recovery period varies from one individual to another. Your surgeon may advise you to take rest at home for at least one month or until you’re completely healed. Be careful with the breasts during healing. The best way to ensure quick recovery is by carefully following the instructions of your physician.
Breast Lift Cost
When considering the price of a breast lift, remember that several factors must be taken into account. Breast lift cost is impacted by the length of the procedure, the amount of tissue removed, and the types of techniques utilized. The overall cost can be discussed during your consultation.
For a consultation with Dr. Hoschander regarding the breast lift in New York City, contact our office and arrange an appointment.
One of the most common complaints that women have after their pregnancy is that their breasts just don’t look the same. After childbirth and breastfeeding, the breasts… Read More
Are you unhappy with the sagging appearance of your breasts? Breast sagging can occur for multiple reasons, primarily due to the effects of aging or as a result of… Read More