If you are having loose skin in your upper eye lids, excess skin, puffiness, bags and wrinkles in the lower eye lids, perhaps you need an eyelid surgery. The cosmetic surgery is often performed to restore the youthful look of the eyelids. It is a simple procedure but needs to be carried out by an experienced eyelid surgeon to obtain your desired results.
Also known as a blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery is the perfect solution to tired and dull looking full eyes. The procedure involves removing the fatty deposits responsible for causing puffiness; the surgery also eliminates the excess skin over and below the eyes. On top of this, it removes bags that make your eyes look aged and sick.
What An Eyelid Surgery Accomplishes
An eyelid surgery can
- Remove the fat deposits and excess skin over and under the eyes
- Restore the look of the eyes
- Get rid of the puffiness and improve vision
- Fade under-eye wrinkles
- Tighten and improve the shape of the eyelids
To sum up, eyelid surgery can work on and treat issues of the eyes that hamper your facial appearance. The procedure restores the look of your eyes without changing their shape.
Who Is The Ideal Candidate For Eyelid Surgery?
Generally, patients for eyelid surgery are around the age of 35 and over but aging symptoms might show up earlier if you are under stress or have fat deposits. There is no specific age at which eyelid surgery needs to be performed.
However, if you are planning to undergo this procedure, you need to be at least 18 years of age, in good mental and physical health and have realistic expectations. If you are still in your twenties but have droopy eyes and sagging skin, you will require an eyelid surgery to restore your beauty.
If you suffer from any medical condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes, hyperthyroidism or cardiovascular disease, you need to talk to a cosmetic professional before going ahead with the treatment.
During the eyelid surgery, your medical professional will make incisions within the creases or inside of the eyelids. The fat, loose muscle and excess skin are removed after which incisions are carefully closed with stitches. Once the procedure is complete, you will obtain a pair of beautiful, fresh, bright and energetic eyes.
- You may experience mild swelling and bruising after the eyelid surgery but these are temporary and subside by themselves with each passing day; you can apply cold packs to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Rest/sleep in an elevated position.
- Stitches will be removed within a week but you need to wear sunglasses when you step outdoors for a week or two.
- After two weeks, you will notice full results and be ready to flaunt your alert and youthful eyes!
A reputed and experienced cosmetic professional will examine your facial and bone structure, your skin quality and health conditions before chalking out a tailored plan for you. Meet one today!