Dr. Lauren Shikowitz-Behr is a Long Island native, Harvard fellowship-trained Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon with expertise in cosmetic surgery of the breast, body, and face, plastic surgery after weight loss, and breast reconstruction. A true New Yorker, Dr. Shikowitz-Behr graduated with honors from New York University and subsequently went on to receive her medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She was then accepted into the integrated Plastic Surgery residency program at Northwell Health where she trained in the full breadth of plastic surgery from complex microsurgical reconstruction to intricate aesthetic surgery and served as chief resident. Dr. Shikowitz-Behr spent time both on Long Island and in Manhattan at the prestigious Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital learning alongside leaders in the field. Dr. Shikowitz-Behr was then selected to complete a highly specialized fellowship in advanced cosmetic and reconstructive breast surgery at the Massachusetts General Hospital, where she also served as an assistant instructor in plastic surgery for the Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Shikowitz-Behr is dedicated to advancing the field of plastic surgery. Her clinical research has been presented at regional and national meetings, and she has multiple publications in peer-reviewed journals. She enjoys teaching medical students and residents the intricate details of plastic and reconstructive surgery. Dr. Shikowitz-Behr is proud to be a female plastic surgeon taking care of the Long Island community. She is passionate about plastic surgery and dedicated to providing the most up-to-date, compassionate, and comprehensive care to all of her patients.
Dr. Shikowitz-Behr is currently on staff at the following hospitals:
- Glen Cove Hospital, Glen Cove, New York
- Huntington Hospital, Huntington, New York
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York
- Mercy Medical Center, Rockville Centre, New York
- North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York
- NYU Winthrop Hospital, Mineola, NY
- Plainview Hospital, Plainview, New York
- South Nassau Communities Hospital, Oceanside, New York
- St. Francis Hospital, Roslyn, NY
- St. Joseph Hospital, Bethpage, New York
- Syosset Hospital, Syosset, New York